Finn’d it initiative aims at researching all evidences of the presence of the Säkkipilli and bringing international awareness to piping in Finland.
We are a non profit initiative lead by Gonçalo Cruz & Petri Prauda – PhD.c. Sibelius Academy – amongst other researchers in Finland and neighbouring countries.
- Survey all evidences of the presence of Säkkipilli piping in Finland
- Create an open archive of all Finnish piping evidences, both of the past and present.
- Provide the scientific data necessary for the promotion and development of Finnish piping traditions.
- Re-build the Finnish Säkkipilli into a working Musical instrument
- Promote the production of high quality Säkkipilli for the needs of professional musician and an affordable easy to use instrument for Finnish pipe students.
Short time Set Goals
- Promote the creation of a Finnish Piping association
- Look for multi-disciplinary research partners
- Look for institutional support and funding
Time until next meeting
Available seats are limited!
PLEASE inform us you will be attending by filling free Enrollment form
NOTE: If you already play some bagpipe, please become first a member of our Network, and only afterwards enrol.
Helsinki – Finland
Tel. +358 45 251 87 27 (en) | +358 40 045 87 76 (fin) | +351 91 825 49 59 (pt|es)